Jonny Cavell wrote:
If I set a request param with ?professionId=3, this does not make the
professionId with value 3 selected. What am I doing wrong?

<@s.select name = "professionId" key="profession"
                    headerKey="" headerValue="select_profession"
                    list="professions"
                     listKey="id"
       listValue="name"
       value = "%{#parameters.professionId}"
                    required="true"
 />

What does the 'professions' property of your action contain? What type is the 'professionId' property of your action? And what does the generated HTML look like? My guess would be that you have a type mis-match between action.professionId and action.professions[#].id.

L.