Since this is a Struts user list, I assume that you're looking for a
"Struts way" to do this. In that case, the taglib documententation
would be a very good place to start! You don't specify which version
of Struts, so here are some references:

Struts 1: http://struts.apache.org/1.3.8/struts-taglib/index.html
Struts 2: http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/docs/tag-reference.html

Nils-H