Hi Randy
Hi all

I just read a bit regarding Spring. As far as i understand its focus is on
J2EE appllications. I guess for what i want to do in a first step (my simple
chat app) it would be overkill to use Spring. Do i get that right?

I would prefere to go the most simple way if possible. So, just
instantiating my BusinessServiceObject the common way would be fine for me.
I just don't understand how can i get access to a BusinessServiceObject
created in one of my Action classes from another Action class. Just by
declaring it as static?

Second thing i don't understand is, when will action objects be intatiated
in the application server? As far as i remember from the early days of
servlet programming (when i had to do with this technology the last time)
the servlets are intantiated upon the first request. In a normal Servlet
based Web app i would have intiantiated BusinessServiceObjects in a filter
and placed them to the ServletContext. So i could be sure it's instantiated
before the first request arrives and i can get a reference to it from
anywhere in my web app.  But with Struts i don't see how i could do so.

I know this might sound a little bit confused. Can you help me to get on
track again?

Thanks for your help
Frank