Antonio Petrelli wrote:
2008/3/19, Dimitris Mouchritsas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
we're using struts 1.2.4 in our project and I'm trying to implement a
back button for a 3 step registration procedure. The problem is I'd
like to do it without using javascript. I've discovered html:cancel
which works nicely for ...canceling. But I couldn't find anything similar
for the back button. Any ideas?

You need to manage it on the server side. There are many ways to do it, just
to mention a pair:
1) the button points to the previous action;
2) implement a history manager that manages the history of called actions
and, when called "back" (e.g. with a "history action") you go back in the
history.

Ciao
Antonio

The first case would suit me fine. But how would I do this exactly? Use a simple button instead of <html:button> and include it in a <a> element? I'm trying to do this as uniform as possible as with the other buttons which are <htm:submit>, <html:reset> and <html:cancel>. My current code looks like this: <a href="<%=request.getContextPath()%>/home.do">
   <bean:message key="prompt.back.button" />
</a>
but I still need to add a back property to the form bean which is not really needed.