> From: aum strut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:04:04 +0530
> Subject: Calling Action on form load
>
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to call an action in struts2  everytime when the page get
> loaded if yes how it is possible.
> my problem is i am using <s:select> tag and using a list to pupulate this
> drop down this list is coming from the action which i m calling before the
> page is being displayed.
>
> the folw is like this:
>
> if usercall for this JSP page instaed to direct user directly  to this page
> i m calling an action which is preaparing a list for the <s:select> tag
> and then it is forwarding the user to this page.
>
> Till now eveything is working fine,but when on this page user is entering
> some values in the fields and hitting the submitting button,exception is
> being thrown which is saying that:
>

> select', field 'list', name 'code': The requested list key 'ItemCode' could
> not be resolved as a collection/array/map/enumeration/iterator type.
> Example: people or people.{name} - [unknown location]
>
> because i thik it is unable to call the action again which is returning the
> list...is theer any way to call that action each time when user is
> submitting the value..
>

> any pointer in this regard will be much appriciated.
>
> -aum

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this
Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read,
copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all
copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any
person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.