2008/4/1, Chen Chunwei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> By the way, can I say that, if I use <data-source> in my struts
> application, then the struts servlet manages the connection? That is, when
> the application is deployed, the struts servlet will automaticly create
> connections of numbers specified by "minCount". And the application just
> fetch the connection created to use?

It's not the servlet that manages the connections, but the data source, that
acts also as a connection pool. For more information, see:
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/
This data source is created by the servlet.
The reason why it is deprecated is that it mixes the Controller and the
Model layers of the MVC model.

Antonio