ryangr wrote:

With that being said...I can populate the list "groups" just fine, but when
I try to use "user.groups" to get the other list it throws an exception that
says: "The requested list key 'user.groups' could not be resolved as a
collection/array/map/enumeration/iterator type." What am I doing wrong? It's
probably pretty obvious, but this hasn't exactly been a good week for
concentration so far. ;)

Are you just missing the getter for user? Struts2 has to call getUser().getGroups().

I have the following for code in my JSP:

<s:optiontransferselect name="user.groups"
                                                        list="user.groups"

I never have these two attributes pointing to the same property. It may work, but it's the first place I'd look for type conversion problems. My list attribute always points to a List with key and value entries for the select and the name attribute always points to a String[] that will contain the selected key values.