Hi,

> Wanted to get opinion from the struts2 user community if there are any
> advantages/disadvantages of using one approach over another (Xml vs Annotation
> based validation).

Nope ;-)

There is no one good answer for your question, because it depends ;-)
For me, the best thing is, you can combine all this two approach
together and even more, add method base validation (validate() and
validateXXX() ) to this stack.

I made some small test app to show such approach, you can download it
from here http://jdn.pl/files/test-app_0.zip (the site is in Polish
;-)

Regards
--