hello everybody,

i'm very new with struts 2,and i'm developing a web interface i need to realise
in few days; my problem is that i would like to create a web menu with n
buttons, one for each category of a set; once a button associated with a
specific category is pushed,i don't want a new action to be invoked, but a
parametric action, depending on the button pushed(the name of the category to
be the action parameter).
in struts.xml i made an action mapping this way:

<action name="sportNews" class="NewsAction">
<param name="category">sport</action>
<result>...</result>
</action>

<action name="gossipNews" class="NewsAction">
<param name="category">gossip</action>
<result>...</result>
</action>

my problem is that i don't know how to control the category parameter in a
NewsAction class; in other words i would need a getParameter("category")
method somewhere to be called, to recognize wich is the category associated
with the previosuly pushed button.

i'm very sorry if my question is very stupid, but i need your
help...thank you very much,keep in touch ;-)
 Daniele