Hello,

I now searched a while to get an idea how to implement
a DB clean up service with Struts2. The best link I found
was the following one:
following http://www.javabeat.net/javabeat/ejb3/articles/timer_services_api_in_ejb_3_0_2.php

What I dont understand is how to get the session context.
As described in the link Im using dependency injection:

@Resource
Private SessionContext s;
<<<
but unfortunately that doesnt work. Eclipse says that it
doesnt know the @Resource annotation.
However, the ejb3-persistence.jar is integrated in the
libs. Therefore, the annotation should be well known
to Eclipse?

What I also dont understand that - even when I got that
stuff with that timer working -  "who" starts the bean the
first time? Do I have to reconfigure something?
What happens if I restart the server?

Another more general question is:
is that the most suitable way to implement the
DB clean up service, assuing that further services
wont be added in the future (otherwise: scheduler as
far from what I've read)?

Thanks and best regards
Peter