Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
Hi
Is there any decent Open Source tool out there which can be used to do
reverse engineering of Java code,
If not open source then some thing which really works,
Any input would be really appreciated

Ashish

I'm not sure whether you want bytecode to java or java to uml?

My favourite commercial tool for Java->UML is Enterprise Architect. Code engineering is included in the Professional Edition or higher. http://www.sparxsystems.com/ A good opensource option is Poseidon for UML (http://www.gentleware.com/). The community edition is free but that edition doesn't include Java->UML.

Other vendors provide plugins for at least Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA. Check your IDE's plugin library to see what's available.