--- "Zheng, Xiahong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Struts 2 promotes POJO based action. However I found most of the Action
> classes from the sample application extends ActionSupport? By looking at
> the ActionSupport class in Xwork, I found it implements quite a few
> interfaces, e.g. Valicateable, ValidationAware, TextProvider,
> LocalProvider and Action. My question is if I don't extend
> ActionSupport, do I lose all the above functionalities, validation,
> locale, etc, even if I have the corresponding interceptors configured?

Yes (more or less; some annotations may provide functionality without
explicit interface implementation).

The interceptors (and other functions that expect the interfaces, like I18N)
use the interfaces as markers to indicate that a various action should be
performed, identify the existence of functionality, and so on.

Dave