Hi all,

sorry to continue with that OT thread, but its starting to get
really mad out here. But first of all, thanks for the hint that
the runtime classpath (rcp) has to be configured independently.
Well, I tried that but it ended up in a mess!

Of course, first thing I did was adding spring.jar to rcp of the
Apache... and I was awating the startup of my Webapp
joyfully. The joy ended quite soon with the following message
below (***)

Then I added servlet-api.jar to the rcp and another exception.
For every exception I got, I added a new (corresponding) jar
file. This ended up in a NullPointerEx. I guess thats because
the order of the jar files is also important.
However, to add those jars to the rcp, I added them in the
Run Dialog under Classpath, first I tried that under "User
Entries" and then under "Bootstrap Entries" in different permutations
and so on and so on. Happy trial and error.
But after some hours I have to admint: that doesnt make sense
any longer.

Can it be so difficult to use load class of the Spring Lib at runttime
and create it as a bean?

<bean id="simpleTrigger" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SimpleTriggerBean" />
<<<
If I omit this line, I have no problem to start the app at all!
In that case, my webApp works perfectly with default config:
Bootstrap Entries: JRE System Lib  jre_1.6.0_5
User Entries: bootstrap.jar

How can I find out what the required jar files are to add to the rcp
except Spring.jar and in which order do I have to provide them.
Which of them have to be in "Bootstrap Entries" and which one in
"User Entries"?

Could anybody point me to the rigth direction, please?
I have lost the rigth path ;-)

Thanks and best regards
Peter

PS: sorry if my question is not formulated professional,
Im quite new to all that JavaWebFramework stuff.

>>>  (***)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContextListener
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1275) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3786) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4350)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.servlet.ServletContextListener
   ... 28 more
<<<