You can pass a query string to the popup window. Here is an example.

<a
href="javascript:popup('printOrder.do?orderNumber=${order.workOrderNumber}',
600, 600, true);">

And then in the popup window to get the orderNumber param passed in above:

<c:if test="${not empty param.orderNumber}">
Reference Number: ${param.orderNumber}
</c:if>

You might want to change the href to # and put the window.open code in the
onclick event but other than that this will work fine. In this case order
Is a request attribute for this action.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: ryan webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:40:25 +0800
> Subject: Re: Is it possible to make a pop up window using Struts?
>
> Antonio,
>
>> 1) What Struts? Struts 1.2.9 (Netbeans bundle)
>> 2) You can still do it in Javascript. I see.. I just want to know if you do
> it with struts.
>
> I am having trouble with it..I created a pop up window using javascript and
> i cant pass query string on new window.
> when i clicked a <html:link> I pass a paramId and paramProperty and I cant
> make it appear to new window.
>
> I have an action class that has *request.setAttribute("username",
> request.getParameter("username"));*
> on the new window I have *<%= out.println(request.getAttribute("username"))
> %>* but this only displays the word NULL
>
> I am new to struts..
>
> Ryan
>
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Antonio Petrelli <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> 2008/4/16, ryan webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>>  Is it possible to make a window pop up using struts?
>>>  usually this can be done in Javascript..
>>
>> 1) What Struts?
>> 2) You can still do it in Javascript
>>
>> Antonio

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this
Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read,
copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all
copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any
person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.