Hello All,

I am having a problem with Struts 2 form submission, because I believe a
related <s:select> field is not being converted correctly.  I have read
the documentation at: http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/select.html and
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/docs/type-conversion.html  It is my
understanding that I should not need to provide any custom converter,
that this conversion should be automatic.  When I submit the form, I
receive the error: Invalid field value for field "status".

Here is the setup:

I have a form with a <s:select> field:

            <s:select key="form.status" name="status"

                               list="statusList"

                               listKey="id"

                               listValue="description"/>

The action has the method:

            public List<Status> getStatusList(){

                        return statusService.findAll();

            }

The model object that status is mapped to looks like this:

@Entity

@Table(name="STATUS")

@Validation

public class Status implements Identifiable, Serializable {

            private static final long serialVersionUID =
-8017026685032314796L;

            private Integer id;

            private String description;

            @Id

            @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)

            @Column(name = "ID", unique = true, nullable= false)

            public Integer getId() {

                        return id;

            }

            public void setId(Integer id){

                        this.id= id;

            }

            @Column(name="DESCRIPTION", nullable= false)

            public String getDescription() {

                        return description;

            }

            @RequiredStringValidator(message="Validation Error",
key="validate.notEmpty", trim=true)

            public void setDescription(String description) {

                        this.description = description;

            }

I tried creating a mapping properties file called
actionName-conversion.properties:

KeyProperty_StatusList=id

Element_StatusList=Status

CreateIfNull_statusList=true

No avail.  I'm sure my problem is obvious, but I can't see it. Any help
or suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

Michael Griffith