Hi,

a few years ago everyone told that's not good to have the sturts.jar's in a shared location in a tomcat-instance.
What about now (struts 2)?
I'm asking because I've got several webapps which belongs together and most of them are build using struts 2 and spring. After assembling the war (directory or file) I've seen that the huge size (between 12 to 17mb) of the webapps is related to the number of deployed jars. So I'd like to clean up a little and put some of the commonly used jars in the ${catalina.home}/lib folder. What about the new s2-jar's? Do I ran into trouble when I'm putting it into the global lib-folder or do I get (not-wanted) side-effects from deploying them into this location?

Thanks for your help!

Marc