Hello Dave,

On 4/25/08, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Vinay Nagrik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I started my download from the link you provided.  And that link does
> not
> > give any info.  Your email did not help me.
>
> You are asking very vague questions.
>
> How familiar are you with Java web development? Are you planning on using
> Ant
> or Maven?

I am very comfortable with Java prog. lang and I have worked with jsps and
servlets extensively.  However, this is my first struts project.

If you are not using Maven creating an S2 web application is like creating
> any other. Maven is a topic unto itself and the basics of it are beyond
> the
> scope of the newsgroup, but looking at the sample applications may point
> you
> in the right direction.

I have nothing agains using Maven, but it does not compile.  I downloaded
Maven, tomcat, and struts.

My tomcat is up and running.
My Maven does not compile for lack of pom.xml and I do not know where to get
it from.
I have followed the instructions on the strut page to create helloworld
struts
Created four files verbatim web.xml, struts.xml, helloworld.java,
helloworld.jsp.  Put all
.jar files form struts download in WEB-INF/lib, \
web.xml in WEB-INF
struts.xml in WEB-INF/classes and my helloworld.class in the
WEB-INF/classes.

Points to be noted.

my directory structure is

~/tomcat/webapps/examples (instead of tutorials)/WEB-INF/ and then other
classes
and other directories.
helloworld.java's  top line reads "package examples"  (I can take this line
out if it creates
any confusion) and make it flat.

I am typing http://localhost:8080/examples/helloworld.action.  (Please don't
mind the spelling
and upper/lower case of letters, they have been thoroughly checked.)

It gives the error message

"The requested resource (examples/Helloworld.action ) is not available.

If you're using Eclipse (or, I presume, most other IDEs) it's best to let