I'm pretty sure it's an Windows/Eclipse thing as I see the same thing with or without devMode set to true on Windows with JDK 1.5.0_14.

Struts has very little control over how it is deployed into the webapp container (tomcat in your case), so you might want to check in with the eclipse guys to see what they say.

Al.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chase" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:36 AM
Subject: Re: devMode + Windows + Eclipse + Tomcat = not reloading struts.xml

Adam Hardy wrote:
Chase on 28/04/08 22:14, wrote:
Anyone had issues with devMode not working fully on Windows?

I've got <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" /> set and in my Tomcat console log I'm seeing: INFO: Overriding property struts.configuration.xml.reload - old value: false new value: true

Windows XP
Sun JDK 1.6u6
Eclipse 3.3.2
Tomcat 6.0.16

Tomcat is being controlled and deployed to by Eclipse.

Not fully working? Is it showing any devMode signs? ResourceBundle? struts.xml? Extra logging?

Yes, for instance I'm getting the Struts Problem Report page instead of the basic 404 pages. I haven't check ResourceBundles yet. Same project and versions of Struts/Tomcat/Eclipse on a Linux box work with no problem. I'm just not seeing struts.xml reloading on Windows systems.