no i don want to show an error page made with tiles definition wat i need
is an error page say an simple jsp stating there is an application error
             <error-page>
                   <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
                    <location>/jsp/sample/error.jsp</location>
             </error-page>

         if i add the above entry <error-page/>  in web.xml it will redirect
to error page but when using tiles its replacing the particular tile say a
body or a footer.jsp where the error orrurs with this error page... not the
whole page... hope u got now...?