Hi,

Thanks for the response.
We are using S2 2.0.11.1 and in this version the "format" attribute does
not exist in <s:datetimepicket>

So you suggestion will not work for us.

Regards
Ian

CSC Solutions Norge AS
Registered Office: Sandsliåsen 57, 5254 Sandsli, Norway
Registered in Norway No: 958 958 455

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.

cc

Subject
Re: <s:datetimepicker> 2

Hi,

i did it like that:
in package_??.properties (?? for the locale)

dateformat=dd.MM.yyyy

in my jsp:
<s:set name="dateformat" value="%{getTextd('dateformat'})" />
<s:datetimepicker format="%{dateformat}" ... />

Maybe it works for you

~  volker

Ian Meikle schrieb:
| Hi,
|
| In the doc for <s:datetimepicker> it says: "The value sent to the server
| is a locale-independent value, in a hidden
|  field as defined by the name attribute. The value will be formatted
| conforming to RFC3 339 (yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss) "
|
| From my debugging two values are sent to the server.
|         1) dojo.attributeName
|         2) attributename
|
| 1) is in the RFC format 2) is in the "typed in" format.
|
| This means that the "typed in" format is the one converted and set into
my
| object after being procesed by XWorkBasicConverter.doConvertToDate
| For a pure date field this conversion code uses the request locale to
| convert the string into a date.
| However because the typed in string is not as per locale (see my
previous
| post on <s:datetimepicker> this conversion fails).
| If I change the template for the picker and swap the params so that
| "attributeName" actually gets the value in RFC format, the
| conversion also fails because this format is not checked for pure date
| fields, only datetime fields.
|
| Can anyone shed some light on this ?
|
| Regards
| Ian
|
| CSC Solutions Norge AS
| Registered Office: Sandsliåsen 57, 5254 Sandsli, Norway
| Registered in Norway No: 958 958 455

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please
| delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in
| delivery.
| NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC
| any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
agreement
| or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such
| purpose.

- --

Volker Karlmeier
Friedrich-Freye-Str. 61