Yes if the file size is OK everything is fine. At first we used the default
stack. Then we took the default and modified it by moving the
fileUploadInterceptor below the params interceptor so it would look
something like this:

interceptor-stack name="ourUploadStack"

    interceptor-ref name="exception"

    interceptor-ref name="alias"

    interceptor-ref name="servletConfig"

    interceptor-ref name="prepare"

    interceptor-ref name="i18n"

    interceptor-ref name="chain"

    interceptor-ref name="debugging"

    interceptor-ref name="profiling"

    interceptor-ref name="scopedModelDriven"

    interceptor-ref name="modelDriven"

    interceptor-ref name="checkbox"

    interceptor-ref name="staticParams"

    interceptor-ref name="params"

      param name="excludeParams"dojo\..*param

    interceptor-ref

    interceptor-ref name="conversionError"

    interceptor-ref name="fileUpload"

    interceptor-ref name="validation"

        param name="excludeMethods"input,back,cancel,browseparam

    interceptor-ref

    interceptor-ref name="workflow"

        param name="excludeMethods"input,back,cancel,browseparam

    interceptor-ref

interceptor-stack

Thanks