Hi Kal,

The UnknownHandler needs to be defined in struts.xml or struts-plugin.xml as a bean. See the struts-plugin.xml file included in the CodeBehind plugin for an example.

Declaring the bean in struts.xml registers the implementation with the Struts 2 Container (an XWork Container). It is then injected into other beans created by the framework when needed.

You may have noticed in the DefaultActionProxy that the UnknownHandler's setter carries the @Inject annotation and an required=false flag. The framework wires this setter to the UnknownHandler implementation you register with the container.

regards,
Jeromy Evans

kal stevens wrote:
I have been trying to implement an UnknownHandler, and I can not seem to
find any documentation on how to integrate it into the framework.

I am using spring for DependencyInjection, so I thought that I could just
add a bean named unknownHandler, but that did not work.

I could not find an example of how to set the unknownHandler field in
DefaultActionProxy.

Looking at the source code it looks like I have to apply the
StrutsSpringObjectFactory injector to the DefaultActionProxy but I am not
sure why that us happening.

The map Class -> injectors contains an injector for Spring but it has no
classes.

I am not exactly sure where to look on how to do this.

Thanks

Kal