On Friday 23 May 2008 13:51:08 Raghuveer wrote:
> I am working on Struts ,SAP-JCO .
>
> This is i18n application running on Tomcat.
> I have designed my application in UTF8 charset.
>
> When Saving the polish characters from application they are saved into SAP
> Database properly.
> Before Saving i am doing following String modifications.
> The same code doesn't work on Tomcat Server on Windows English System.Here
> the Polish characters( aeclónszz ) are saved as #########.
> What would be cause for this.
>
> What changes i need to do in my code to work on both English And Polish
> Windows (Tomcat Server)
>
> strConvertedMessage = new String(strText.getBytes("UTF8"), "UTF8");
>
> inputTable.setValue(strConvertedMessage,"TABLENAME");

Without more information, it's difficult to suggest the soloution, but a
couple of questions come to mind. Firstly what are the values of
strConvertedMessage and inputTable before you try to update SAP? Have you
tried debugging your Function Module in SAP to see what SAP is recieving
before you commit your update to the database (I assume that its Oracle?)

Regards