Problems with Tomcat session replication are really a Tomcat issue, not a Struts issue. You will likely have more luck asking on the Tomcat user's list. You should include more details about how you configured Tomcat for session replication, too, since that seems likely to be where the problem lies.

L.

Ildefonso Montero wrote:
Hi,

we are having a problem when balancing Tomcat session among to clusters.
Architecture is the following: Apache (A) balancing 50-50 over Tomcat (1) and
Tomcat (2).

We are working on a big application and we saw that the session is not
replicated properly because we are doing one request for each Tomcat
sequentially (see 50-50 balancing) and we have checked that a simple counter

that we created inside the session object (our own object) accesing using
session.getAttribute("name") the resulted pattern is:

Request 1 in T1, counter = 1
Request 2 in T2, counter = 2
Request 3 in T1, counter = 2

Request 4 in T2, counter = 3
Request 5 in T1, counter = 3
Request 6 in T2, counter = 4
Request 7 in T1, counter = 4
Request 8 in T2, counter = 5

so, the value of the counter is not replicated properly or we are accesing it

in a wrong way. Is interesting for us that the Session ID (session.getID())
shows the same ID in both Tomcats so, we guess the is the same but replication
of attributes values seems to be not replicated.

Could you please help us?

Than you in advance.

some details: Apache 2.2.3, used mod_proxy_ajp instead of mod_jk, so we did
not

configured workers.properties file, we customized httpd.conf file.