Jeromy Evans wrote:
Roberto Nunnari wrote:
Hi Jeromy!

The Convention plugin looks very interesting! Does it work
with 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT ? I'd like to give it a try this weekend.

What about mixing it with tiles?
Would it require specifying tiles results thus breaking
the convenience of conventions?

It works with 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT but isn't distributed with it as it's still in the sandbox.

WOW.. The convention plugin rocks! I like it!
I'm writing action classes and related jsps and struts finds the
right Action class and jsp without having to touch the struts.xml
I don't even have the struts.xml file!

This is a very confortable way of writing web applications.

It works with Tiles, but you have to explicitly declare each @Result(type=TilesResult.class,value="xxx") which I find really annoying (as you say, it breaks the convenience of the convention). I've been intending to raise that over at struts-dev, which I'll do now.

Yes.. Please do. If it would support tiles, I'd start using
it right away, but like this, no way.

I don't like the idea of having to define result mappings in java
source code.. and to say it all.. I don't like annotations,
although I admit that at times annotations are very useful. :-)

Best regards.
Robi