hi Lukasz

In your example, you wrote:

Private Date today;

    @RequiredFieldValidator(message = "Date is required")
    public Date getToday() {
        return today;
    }

this works great also in my application, but my question is different, I
don't have a field called today, I have an object name Empl (that has a
field date)

so I have:

public Empl getEmpl()
{

}

in my action: insertEmpl()
I would like to make sure that DOB (Date Of Birth) was input by the user.
This, I still didn't figure out how to do.

The configuration that I have is this:

    @Validations(
           stringLengthFields ={
 @StringLengthFieldValidator(type = ValidatorType.SIMPLE, trim = true,
minLength="1" , fieldName = "empl.name", message = "required field")

            }
    )
   public String insertEmpl()
   {
         //do something here only if both DOB and NAME are not null (or size
0)

    }