I have an object that I need to access in a JSP, and the object has a
getter on my Action. When the page is initially viewed the object is
retrieved off the Value Stack, but if the user is redirected back to the
page (due to validation errors) the value comes from the session.

When using EL things work as expected: ${myObject.property} first looks
in the request, then in the session, so the page doesn't need any
special case code.

What I was hoping was the OGNL would check the Value Stack, and if it
didn't find it there, it would automatically look in the request, then
the session, etc.

I'm using the Scope plugin to put this object in the session (FLASH
scope), so unfortunately the object isn't there until after the result
has been executed.

The goal is to have the same syntax for accessing the object, regardless
of where the object is (on the ValueStack or in the session).

I've got a few ideas, but none of them are very nice.

Brad Cupit
Louisiana State University - UIS