So I have been doing some testing and it seems the the same two action
objects are persisting.  So when I invoke the first action class the
ActionInvocation has on the stack (for lack of a better name)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  When I submit the form to the processing action I
get some other arbitrary action.

When I leave the page and come to it again the same class
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is on the value stack and is what becomes invoked.
This would explain why the list of persistent objects is still showing.
However in my other struts 2 environment where I am not using hibernate nor
spring there are new objects each time ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

I hope this sheds some light on what can be going wrong because I can still
not find the solution.

Thank you all.