No exceptions.

The action class is as follows.

public class AddToCartAction extends ActionSupport implements Action {
   private String productId = "";
   private int quantity = 0;

   private void setProductId(String productId) {
       this.productId = productId;
   }

   private void setQuantity(int quantity) {
       this.quantity = quantity;
   }

   public String execute() {
       System.out.println("Product Id = " + productId);
       System.out.println("Quantity = " + quantity);
       return Action.SUCCESS;

My struts.xml is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
       "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd";>

<struts>
   <package name="default" extends="struts-default" namespace="/checkout">
       <interceptors>

<interceptor name="static-params" class="com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor" /> <interceptor name="params" class="com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor" />

           <interceptor-stack name="defaultStack">
               <interceptor-ref name="static-params" />
               <interceptor-ref name="params" />
           </interceptor-stack>

       </interceptors>

       <default-interceptor-ref name="defaultStack"/>

       <!-- Product Form / addToCart -->
<action name="viewCart" class="cakeinabox.struts2.actions.AddToCartAction">
           <result name="success">/jsp/checkout/viewCart.jsp</result>
           <result name="error">/jsp/checkout/error.jsp</result>
       </action>
   </package>
</struts>

and my JSP is:

<form action="/checkout/addToCart.action" method="GET">
           <input type="hidden" value="<%=pId%>" name="productId">
           <input type="hidden" value="1" name="quantity">

pId renders as a valid productId in the HTML - this has been checked.

I have also tried a POST rather than a GET with no joy.

many thanks

Chrix
----- Original Message ----- From: "Musachy Barroso" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: Getting Struts2 Parameters?

Are there any exceptions in the logs? Does your class implement
ModelDriven? if you posts the relevant parts of your configuration
(jsp fragment, action and xml fragment), it will be easier to get
help.

musachy