web forums are a nightmare for the dynamics shown by this list.

There are a core few who respond to many of the questions asked, and there is a lot of traffic, which means with a web forum those few would need to either check for new posts every so often (which is a chore), or receive an endless string of messages saying "New thread, click here to read".

Web forums are OK when then volume is low or there is a higher peer-to-peer solution ratio is high, but personally I'd read even less of the posts if I had to go to a web page and click through a few times just to see whats been said.

Al.

Gabriel Belingueres wrote:
I personally would like to interact using a web based forum where you
can post with formatted java and xml code and even with emoticons
instead of this email based mailing list, but this would be even more
utopian....phpBB would do :)