2008/7/8 Kleiderman, Matthew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Is there any way to inject beans defined in struts.xml with
> scope=singleton into a Servlet so that it's available when the Servlet's
> init method is called?

Did you really meant injecting a bean defined inside Spring's
applicationContext.xml file with scope="singleton" into a Servlet? If
so, the answer is yes:

public void init(FilterConfig filterConfig) throws ServletException {
  ServletContext servletContext = filterConfig.getServletContext();
  WebApplicationContext context =
WebApplicationContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext(servletContext);
  // set up an injected bean into application scope
  servletContext.setAttribute("mybean", context.getBean("aBean"));

Alternately, is there a way to access where