I have no idea if the authors of the book Struts 2 in Action read this
list or if anyone that does
knows how to contact them but I have a question for them, or maybe
someone else knows the answer

Authors

On page 99, chapter 4 of your book you state.

"Every action in this package will
now have authentication with automatic routing back to the login page"

You then proceed to hard code the redirect.

How can the Login action be used for all actions in when you hard code the url

<action name="Login" class="manning.chapterFour.Login">
   <result type="redirect">
        /chapterFour/secure/AdminPortfolio.action
   </result>
   <result name="input">/chapterFour/Login.jsp</result>
</action>

How then for example would you use the Login action to secure the
AddImage action which is also a secure action

<action name="AddImage">
   <result>/chapterFour/ImageUploadForm.jsp</result>
</action>

Thank You

lyallex