I am having a similar issue. I am using Ajax and I want to update the div
with an image but
it renders it in byte code.. since the div does not know that its an image.
I am not sure how to handle this either. I am thinking one way is to use the
ChartUtils and write an image on the filesystem and have an image tag that
has the source to that image file.
Let me know how you do it .. IT will help other as well