Hi,

I tried all things and its again not working still action is getting called
2 times for each call to this Register Action i am attaching the
Register.jsp,Struts.xml as well as the action class please have a look at it
and point me where i am doing the mistake.

Thanks in Advance
-aum

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Joachim Ansorg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> you use the same action to render the welcome screen and Registrer.jsp.
>
> So this means that when you display the welcome screen execute() is called
> and when you display the Registrer.jsp page.
>
> Either use two separate actions or just return null in execute and have
> another action method (i.e. save()) which writes into the db.
> In the page with the submit button link to the action's save method. So
> execute is used for welcome and save for the registration.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Joachim
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> While developing an application in struts2 i am facing a strange problem
>> with one of my action namely RegsitrationAction.
>> i have a jsp page for user registration where there are certain fields for
>> the user to be filled for the registration purpose.
>> i have created a UserProfile bean class with the bean properties for all
>> the
>> user registration field.

package actionsfolder;

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;

public class UserRegistrationAction extends ActionSupport{

        /**
         *
         */
        private static final long serialVersionUID = -4632666801257988218L;

        private String username=null;
        private String password=null;
        private String email=null;
        /**
         * @return the username
         */
        public String getUsername() {
                return username;
        }
        /**
         * @param username the username to set
         */
        public void setUsername(String username) {
                this.username = username;
        }
        /**
         * @return the password
         */
        public String getPassword() {
                return password;
        }
        /**
         * @param password the password to set
         */
        public void setPassword(String password) {
                this.password = password;
        }
        /**
         * @return the email
         */
        public String getEmail() {
                return email;
        }
        /**
         * @param email the email to set
         */
        public void setEmail(String email) {
                this.email = email;
        }

        public String execute() throws Exception{
                System.out.println("**************in Action***********");
                return SUCCESS;

<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd";>
<struts>

    <package name="actionsfolder" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="Login" class="actionsfolder.LoginAuthenticationAction">
            <result name="success">/welcome/welcome.jsp</result>
            <result name="input">/index.jsp</result>
        </action>

        <action name="Logout" class="actionsfolder.LogoutAction">
            <result name="success">/welcome/welcome.jsp</result>

        </action>
        <action name="ReLogin">
      <result>/index.jsp</result>
      </action>

      <action name="RegisterNewUser" class="actionsfolder.UserRegistrationAction">
      <result name="success">/index.jsp</result>
      </action>

      <action name="Registration">
      <result>/registration/Registrer.jsp</result>
      </action>
    </package>

</struts>