Andreas Mähler schrieb:

I know that method dependant processing is possible with the PrepareInterceptor (i.e. prepareDoThis, prepareDoThat methods that are automatically invoked). I checked the Struts2.1.2 docs[1], but it seems that the ValidationInterceptor does not offer this feature. I also can't find a way to make annotation based validation method dependant, which would also be very useful. (Think of a 'method' parameter that is a comma-seperated list of methods for which the validation applies - default is all).

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.1.2/docs/validation-interceptor.html

Silly me!
I confused the ValidationInterceptor with the WorkflowInterceptor ;-)
Sorry for that..

But my second question still applies: Is it somehow possible to use some kind of method parameter for annotation based validation?

~Andreas