Most probably it is an xwork issue, I have been experiencing the same problem
for Websphere for 2.0.11.2 and 2.1.2, though 2.0.11.1 works for me.

----- Original Message ----
From: Bobby Mitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:41:40 AM
Subject: Re: JBoss 5 RC1 and Struts 2 : Simple validation error (URI scheme is
not "file")

ok,
well for your information I asked about that problem in the JBoss problem,
thinking that the problem could come from JBoss, and I just posted the question
on the XWORK forum
where i hope they will help me fix it.

http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=454261
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175490#4175490

It seems that it is a problem related to xwork, not Struts 2 itself.

What do you think ?