I have a struts.xml with two package tags. The first package is named <package
name="default" extends="struts-default"> and contains my custom interceptor
stack. The second package is named <package name="secure" extends="default">
so that my custom interceptor stack is available to actions in the secure
package.

In my custom interceptor stack I have an interceptor in which I am trying to
determine in which package the action being called is located.

name = invocation.getProxy().getConfig().getClassName(); correctly identifies
the class of the action being called, but

String name = invocation.getProxy().getConfig().getPackageName(); returns the
name "secure" for all actions regardless of the package the class is actually
located in. If I now add a third package tag <package name="empty"
extends="default"> that contains no actions at all, String name =
invocation.getProxy().getConfig().getPackageName(); now returns the
string "empty" for all actions in packages "default" and "secure"!

Have I found a bug, or am I fundementally misunderstanding how packages work?
I'm using version 2.0.11

Regards