On Friday 12 September 2008 16:18:02 Jeromy Evans wrote:
> Roger wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm trying to get indexed lists working so that I can get any amendments
> > back into my model. At the moment I've got
>
> In the last line, did you confirm that count has the correct value?

Yes, I've confirmed that count has the right value. At the moment the list has
three entries pre-loaded in my action which numbered 0,1 &2 by the iterator
and the count evaluates to 3.

> What if the list is empty? (in that case count has never been set)

Good point :-(

Running with an empty list evaluates to valuables[] in the html

> <s:textfield name="valueables[%{#count}].text"  value="%{text}"/>
>

> The issue could relate to how valueables is being constructed.  Are you
> creating it, or leaving it to the framework to create it?  It should be
> able to add extra elements to a list

Doh!!! I had valuables as an inner class of my model class. Moving the code
into a separate class and lo & behold I can now add to the list when it's
pre-populated