I've never used a form field name like "#session.formBean.firstName"
before, but if you refactor your code a little:

Make your action implement SessionAware interface and put a formBean
getter/setter in your actions (or some superclass of your wizard
actions), which takes it from the session:
public FormBean getFormBean() {
  return (FormBean) sessionMap.get("formBean");
}
public void setFormBean(FormBean f) {
  sessionMap.put("formBean", f);
}

then in your JSP page name your form fields like this:

<s:textfield name="formBean.firstName" label="First Name" size="16" />