check  your validators.xml to see if your short-circuit attribute is set to true
The invokemethod grants the Interceptor the power to short-circuiting the
Action Invocation.
Instead of calling invoke, the Interceptor can
return a result String and
bypass any remaining Interceptors on the stack and the Action's execute method.
e.g.
 <validators>
   <!-- Field Validators for email field -->
   <field name="email">
       <field-validator type="required" short-circuit="true">
you'll want to set short-circuit="false" to allow interceptors and execute to
be invoked

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/understanding-interceptors.html

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.