You can do it by hand though:

<s:if test="getFieldErrors() != null && getFieldErrors()['myfield'] != null">
  <s:fielderror>
    <s:param value="%{'myfield'}"/>
  </s:fielderror>
</s:if>

In addition, if you are using S2.1, then you have a basic error
handling. Each tag has an cssErrorClass and cssErrorStyle attributes
that are set when there is a validation error.