I have a very weird problem and I hope somebody can tell me where to look for a solution.

Using the code below everything works as expected. On form submission an ajax call is made to the alert() method which simply forwards to alert.jsp which alerts the filled in text and a dom reference of the form.

As soon as i add a <input type="file"> or <s:file> to my form, the alert does not have a reference to the form anymore and the 2nd alert fails.

Thanks,

Jeroen

This is my code:

@Namespace(value = "/ajax")
@Results({
    @Result(name = "success", value = "test.jsp"),
    @Result(name = "alert", value = "alert.jsp")
})
public class TestAction extends ActionSupport {

    public String alert() throws Exception {
        return "alert";
    }

    private String text;

    public String getText() {
        return text;
    }

    public void setText(String text) {
        this.text = text;

alert.jsp:

<script type="text/javascript">
    alert("${text}");
    alert(document.getElementById("testForm"));
</script>

test.jsp:

<%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags"%>
<head>
    <s:head theme="ajax" />
</head>

<s:form id="testForm" name="testForm" onsubmit="dojo.event.topic.publish('alert_text');return false;" enctype="multipart/form-data">
        Text: <s:textfield name="text" />
        <s:submit  />
    </s:form>

    <s:url id="url" action="test" method="alert" namespace="/ajax" />
<s:div executeScripts="true" showLoadingText="false" id="testdiv" href="%{url}" theme="ajax"
           listenTopics="alert_text" formId="testForm" />