Ron, this is a great tip!  Thanks!  I do have one question, though.  Any idea
how one might go about getting the Spring web context using this method?

Normally, I would have extended ContextLoaderServlet.  Our experience, so
far, has been that it's nearly impossible to get another servlet to play
nice with Struts, though.  I prefer the method that you've outlined, because
it blends well with the Struts environment.  I'm just not sure how I can get
the context for loading beans.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave