Hi,

I am working on a project of developing a web application and we have
decided to use struts and hibernate together. The problem is in their
integration and getting them to work together. I used the
struts-hibernate plugin code given at the hibernate site
http://www.hibernate.org/105.html. I also made the neccessary
modifications to the struts-config.xml file as instructed. However, I
get a null pointer exception when i try to open a session in the
struts action. Please help on how to integrate the two.

here are the relevant bits of code
in struts-config
<plug-in
                className="de.laliluna.hibernate.plugin.HibernatePlugIn">
                        <set-property
                                property="configFilePath"
                                value="/hibernate.cfg.xml" />
                        <set-property
                                property="storeInServletContext"
                                value="true" />
                </plug-in>

in struts action
SessionFactory _factory = (SessionFactory)

context.getAttribute(HibernatePlugIn.SESSION_FACTORY_KEY);*/

                        Session ses = _factory.openSession(); <---this line
throws exception..

--
Anoop Dhanvijay
DA-IICT

"Most of man's failures were when they didn't realize how close they
were to success, when they finally gave up!"