That's the way you should not do it, I still don't understand what are you
doing there, though

There is an attribute called cssClass and cssStyle

<s:fielderror cssClass="className"/>
    . className {
        border:1px solid #cccccc;
    }

<s:fielderror cssStyle="border:1px solid red;"/>

Try it, it should work, I never tried with fieldError cos I never used it.

Regards,

Jishnu Viswanath

Software Engineer

*(+9180)41190300 - 222(Ext) ll * ( + 91 ) 9731209330ll

Tavant Technologies Inc.,

www.tavant.com