This is the million dollar question!  Always strive to "hold onto" the least
amount of data possible.  This usually means for as long as it takes to
build the web page.    Use the request scope unless you *must* access the
*same* data later.  At which point you should save only *keys* to the actual
data in session or some longer lasting scope.  Using the session like a data
store will severely limit your scalability and performance.

Scott

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:28 PM, John Cartwright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]