I don't know if this is a question we can answer for you. Dojo has its
advantages and disadvantages, but from a practical perspective it is a
very different framework than GWT. If the application you are going to
create could make better use of GWT, then use it...

Lately, the AJAX-ified applications I have worked on haven't used either
GWT or Dojo. The nice thing about Struts 2 is that it is flexible enough
that what you do in your UI shouldn't have any bearing on how you build
your actions. I just happily built an app that used JQuery heavily on
the front-end and Struts 2 + Spring / JPA on the backend. I could have
done it with the Struts 2 AJAX tags, but was looking for an excuse to
learn more about JQuery.

-Wes