A suggestion, which might or not be adequate for your case:
If  every action/jsp of your webapplication share that behaviour, and
if your actions
presently just extend ActionSupport, you might want to change that so that they
extend instead a MySiteAction class (which extends ActionSupport and implements
ServletRequestAware) with a getter for that object kept in the session.

Hernán J. González
http://hjg.com.ar/