From: Nick J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@struts.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, November 1, 2008 5:54:57 PM
Subject: Struts2 upload

Hi, I am having some trouble with Uploads in Struts 2.
Here is the action:
<package name="uploads" extends="json-default" namespace="/_uploads">
<!-- ...other actions ...-->
        <action name="imageUpload" class="uploadManager" method="imageUpload">
            <interceptor-ref name="fileUpload"/>
            <result>/upload.html</result>
        </action>
</package>

Here is the HTML form:
<form name="myForm" action="/_uploads/imageUpload"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <input type="file" name="imageUpload" value="Browse ..." />
    <input type="submit" />
</form>

Here's the appropriate part of the action class:

    public String imageUpload() {
        return ActionSupport.SUCCESS;
    }

    public List<Image> getImageList() {
        return images;
    }

    public void setImageUpload(File myImage) {
        uploadedImage = myImage;
    }

    public void setImageUploadContentType(String contentType) {
        imageContentType = contentType;
    }

    public void setImageUploadFileName(String filename) {
        imageFilename = filename;
    }

I have debugger break-points in the  imageUpload method, and in the setter
methods.
The execution never reaches the setters, and when it breaks in the
imageUpload method,
and I inspect the values of uploadedImage, imageContentType and
imageFilename they are all null, so the interceptor has not called the the
setters like I was expecting it to. As far as I can tell, this agrees with
all the tutorials I've read, so I'm at a loss now.. If anyone has any ideas,
I'd be very greatful!

thanks!