Implement Valiadateable in your action and the Workflow interceptor will
call validate() before and action method  If your validate() method adds
ActionErrors then the messages go back to the input form.  You will also
need to configure / annotate an "input" result.  I can't remember off the
top of my head if you need to implement ValidationAware as well in order to
get the methods to add errors and messages.

-bill